Opal Travel is the official app for managing your travel across the Opal network in Sydney and greater New South Wales. Use the app to add value to your Opal card remotely, enable auto top-ups, view your travel history and access other useful public transport information, all on your Android device.
• Top up on the go
• Trip planner with fare estimates
• View contactless payment trips
• Register your Opal card
• Report card lost or stolen and transfer the balance to another eligible Opal card linked to your account
• Alerts when you are approaching your stop
• Subscriptions to disruption notifications specific to your trip
• Auto top up functionality
• Account balance, trip history and Weekly Travel Reward information
• Opal card scanning functionality to check tap on status, account balance and Weekly Travel Reward progress (compatible NFC-enabled Android devices only)
• Opal retailer locations
• Compatibility with registered and unregistered Opal cards
Opal card scanning may not work on all mobile devices.
Opal Travel is designed for use with Adult, Child/Youth, Concession and Senior/Pensioner Opal cards only and is not compatible with ‘rooted’ Android devices (where a user has gained root access to sub-systems).
For more information visit https://transportnsw.info/apps/opal-travel
– We’ve made improvements in the performance & display of the trip planner
– Added ability to search for and book with third party taxi and rideshare providers
– Trip Planner bug fix